Family Olympics Opening Ceremonies

2.07.2014

Hey friends!  I have gotten myself together this Olympics and I am planning a FAMILY OLYMPICS!  For dinner we are having a Russian/Eastern European dish of Cabbage Rolls and rice.

Cabbage Rolls
Serves: 4-6

12 large cabbage leaves
2 T. vegetable oil
-   -   -
1 t. salt (at least)
1/4 t. pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1 egg
1/2 t. dried thyme (or 1-1/2 tsp fresh thyme)
1/2 clove garlic, chopped
1 1/4 lb. ground beef
-   -   -
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 T. brown sugar
1/4 c. water
1 T. lemon juice

1. Cover cabbage leaves with boiling water and let stand until limp. (I core a head of cabbage and place core side down in a microwavable bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 4-5 minutes until outer leaves are pliable. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove leaves. You may have to repeat to get 12 leaves.) 
2. Mix next 7 ingredients together and divide into 12 sections. Place one section of beef mixture in center of one cabbage leaf. Fold opposite edges of leaf over beef mixture and roll up. Fasten with toothpick or tie with dental floss. 
3. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet. Brown cabbage rolls in oil. 
4. Mix next 4 ingredients together. Pour over cabbage rolls. 
5. Simmer on low for 90 minutes or cook in slow cooker on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours or until internal temp reaches 160*F.

Tonight our family will watch some of the Opening Ceremonies and then have our own Opening Ceremonies. 
We are giving each child a blank flag.  They can choose from three designs.

Each family member will design their flag and name their country.  Then they can color this Olympic rings coloring page I made.


Over the course of the olympic games we are going to have a family event each night.  We have small medals and it's gunna be tons of fun!!



7 comments:

Harrybells said...

Yet I have no clue how to post a response over yonder. So I will reveal to you know how great you are at revealing the stuff you are at I should admit I think that its clever to read your blogging. Keep the great work. Often my own plan to make my own site and also my own particular pleasure is becoming because of this page. I do trust you may well be more realistic. The students can profit a full help on the online writing help services like best essay service at affordable prices. The helping services are accessible with unlimited facilities for the students.

Unknown said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read !! I definitely loved every little bit of it as it is helpful for my 600 word essay

Unknown said...

I read the article that was talking about the Olympics strategies that were very interesting about the new facts. Now I 'm looking to take my accounting Test and want how I prepared for this.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this useful material. The info you mentioned here will help me to complete my https://writer-elite.com/essay-writing-service/ task.

robertcooper said...

I found a service where many writers work who can for example write me a poem for me. It is very convenient. I am happy to have a place where you can get help with learning.

Unknown said...

This blog content is very awesome and i love you blogging Style and i would say you have to write more blogs like this. Thanks
bitdefender security,kaspersky help,
mcafee.com/activate

About Us said...

really infomative and eduvcative article thanks publisher for sharing this info with us character voice generator
whatsaup flippzilla